jueves, 4 de enero de 2018

CHRISTMAS EVE



Christmas Eve, which is the day before Christmas Day, has many of its own customs and traditions depending on the culture and the country. Christmas Eve is celebrated because it commemorates the birth of Jesus, who is traditionally thought to have been born at midnight.

It is an open secret that traditions go and come, the most widely practised tradition that still exists today is going to the Midnight Mass Service. However, there are a lot of traditions that have disappeared over the years, for example: after the midnight service, it was usual for people to walk through the streets carrying torches, playing guitars and beating on tambourines and drums.

As I have said before, Christmas is celebrated in different ways, my parents and I go to my grandmother’s house, where I have dinner with all my family. After dinner we watch a film and at about twelve I hang out with my friends and go to party.

To conclude, I would like to say that from my point of view Christmas is not about presents, it is about being with family, loving each other, showing gratitude, sharing and making people happy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario